Paulo Sérgio Almeida
I teach mainly a course on distributed systems (in portuguese).
- State and interference in programming languages
This was my main fight in the PhD. In special, I worked on object aliasing. I have designed a language/type-system mechanism, called Balloon Types, which is described in my PhD thesis Control of Object Sharing in Programming Languages, and also in a paper in ECOOP'97.
- Type systems for object-oriented languages
- Foundations of distributed systems
More specifically, time/version stamping mechanisms. The two mains results up to now have been Dynamic Version Stamps and Bounded Version Vectors.
- Scalable Bloom Filters. Information Processing Letters, Volume 101, Issue 6, 31 March 2007, Pages 255-261.
- Bounded Version Vectors. DISC 2004: 18th international symposium on distributed computing, number 3274 in LNCS, pages 102--116. Springer Verlag.
- Version stamps --- decentralized version vectors. In ICDCS 2002 - The 22nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pages 544--551. IEEE Computer Society, June 2002.
- Panasync: Dependency tracking among file copies. In Paulo Guedes, editor, Ninth ACM SIGOPS European Workshop, pages 7--12. DIKU - University of Copenhagen, 2000.
- Type-checking balloon types. In Proceedings MFPS XV - Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, volume 20. Elsevier Science Publishers, 1999.
- Balloon types: Controlling sharing of state in data types. In Proceedings ECOOP'97, volume 1241 of LNCS, pages 32--59. Springer-Verlag, June 1997.
Last modified 2008-08-25 02:41 PM