Nuno Alexandre Carvalho
|Email:||nuno at di.uminho.pt|
|Address:||Departamento de Informática
Universidade do Minho
Campus de Gualtar
|Phone:||+351 253 604 477 / Internal: 604 477|
|Fax:||+351 253 604 471|
|Public Key:||download / 5491 FA91 85C8 268D 6466 28DB 8413 B105 136F A72D|
- MINHA - Java JVM virtualizer
- MINHA is a system that virtualizes multiple JVM instances within a single JVM while simulating key environment components, thus reproducing the concurrency, distribution, and performance characteristics of the actual system. Implementation is based on Java6 and takes advantage of bytecode transformation to automatically convert application code to simulation environment.
- Pastramy - Persistent and highly Available Software TRansactional MemorY (PTDC/EIA/72405/2006)
- This project brings the FénixEDU team together with two research teams with a significant expertise on building replication solutions to relational and object oriented databases. This will allow the FénixEDU to get an insight on the pros and cons of existing replication techniques (both from a theoretical and a practical point of view). Reciprocally, the database replication experts will obtain an inside view of the singularities of the STM approach. The project will use these synergy to design, develop, implement and validate a persistent and highly available software transactional memory.
- Portorama - Sharing georeferenced Oporto photos using P2P, GoogleMaps, GWT and AppFuse
- Portorama is a platform for sharing photos of the city of Porto. Portorama is meant to foster a community willing to create a rich, comprehensive and truly diverse photo collection of Porto. Portorama enables you to georeference and arbitrarly tag your photos of Porto and share them across the community through a peer-to-peer network. The sets of shared photos are made available by the Portorama community and searchable by their localization, title, author and assigned tags. All photos are stored by the community in a fully decentralized manner and under the Creative Commons license.
- P-SON - Probabilistically-Structured Overlay Networks (POSC/EIA/60941/2004)
- The project will develop and implement a set of modular components for the implementation of efficient and scalable multicast protocols. These modules will offer complementary gossiping strategies as well as system diagnosis and adaptation policy modules that promote the desired structures. The usefulness of the approach will be demonstrated by implementing a scalable news dissemination application. P-SON is co-funded by FCT and FEDER.
- GORDA - Open Replication of Databases (FP6-IST2-004758)
- The goal of the GORDA project is to foster database replication as a means to address the challenges of trust, integration, performance, and cost in current database systems underlying the information society. This is to be achieved by standardizing architecture and interfaces, and by sparking their usage with a comprehensive set of components ready to be deployed. GORDA is Supported by the European Community under the Sixth European Union Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development, thematic priority Information Society Technologies.
- ACM/IFIP/USENIX 12th International Middleware Conference - Middleware 2011
- Lisbon, December 2011
- 12th International Symposium on Distributed Objects, Middleware, and Applications - DOA 2010
- Greece, October 2010
- Simpósio de Informática - INForum 2010
- Portugal, September 2010
- 11th International Symposium on Distributed Objects, Middleware, and Applications - DOA 2009
- Portugal, November 2009
- 2009 International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks - DSN 2009
- Portugal, June 2009
- 9th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems - DAIS 2009
- Portugal, June 2009
- Winter School: Hot Topics in Distributed Computing - HTDC 2009
- France, March 2009
- Experimental Evaluation of Distributed Middleware with a Virtualized Java Environment
- Nuno A. Carvalho, João Bordalo, Filipe Campos and José Pereira. In MW4SOC 2011: Proceedings of the 6th workshop on Middleware for service oriented computing, 2011 (to appear) (Presentation).
- Measuring software systems scalability for proactive data center management
- Nuno A. Carvalho and José Pereira. Measuring software systems scalability for proactive data center management. In On The Move To Meaningful Internet Systems, International Symposium on Distributed Objects, Middleware, and Applications (DOA), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 829-842. Springer, 2010. (PDF, 15 pages, 250013 bytes) (doi:10.1007/978-3-642-16949-6_11).
- On adding structure to unstructured overlay networks
- J. Leitão, Nuno A. Carvalho, J. Pereira, R. Oliveira, and L. Rodrigues. On adding structure to unstructured overlay networks. In X. Shen, H. Yu, J. Buford, and M. Akon, editors, Handbook of Peer-to-Peer Networking. Springer, 2009.
- Evaluating throughput stability of protocols for distributed middleware
- Nuno A. Carvalho, José P. Oliveira, and José Pereira. Evaluating throughput stability of protocols for distributed middleware. In On The Move To Meaningful Internet Systems, International Symposium on Distributed Objects, Middleware, and Applications (DOA), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 600–613. Springer Verlag, 2009. (PDF, 14 pages, 348123 bytes) (doi:10.1007/978-3-642-05148-7_44)
- Emergent structure in unstructured epidemic multicast
- N. A. Carvalho, J. Pereira, R. Oliveira, and L. Rodrigues. Emergent structure in unstructured epidemic multicast. In IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, pages 481–490. IEEE Computer Society, 2007. (PDF, 14 pages, 347485 bytes) (doi:10.1109/DSN.2007.40)
- Software Development
- Java, Python, C++, C
- Web Development
- Plone, Django, Google Web Toolkit, AppFuse
- System Administration
- Xen, VMware, Apache HTTP Server, Squid Web Proxy Cache, Jetty, Maven, Proximity, Trac, Fedora Directory Service, Iptables, OpenSSH, Bind, DHCP, OCFS2, NFS, Samba
- ModelNet is a large-scale network emulator that allows users to evaluate distributed networked systems in realistic Internet-like environments (http://modelnet.ucsd.edu/).
- Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information (http://maven.apache.org/).
- Yet another iptables firewall. A simple iptables firewall that also load kernel modules.
- Provides /etc/bash.bashrc.d folder. To load your system wide bash config just place readable files with .sh extension in /etc/bash.bashrc.d
- Provides bash configurations for bash_completion, ccache, editor, java_home and ls.
Created by nac
Last modified 2011-12-12 03:59 PM
Last modified 2011-12-12 03:59 PM